From: Harri Pasanen (harri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-11 09:42:59

I'm trying to figure out why boost_python-vc-gy-1_34.dll links with
python25.lib, and not with python25_d.lib

My build command is:

bjam "-sVC71_ROOT=c:/dev/vc71" "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" "-sPYTHON_VERSION=2.5" "-sPYTHON_ROOT=d:
\720\tools\python" "-sBUILD=debug-python"

The resulting debug-python\boost_python-vc-gy-1_34.dll depends on
python25.dll, and not python25_d.dll.

The '-n' indicates the problem:

bjam -n -sVC71_ROOT=c:/dev/vc71 -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 -sPYTHON_VERSION=2.5
-sPYTHON_ROOT=d:\tools\python -sBUILD=debug-python

In the output I see lines:

"..\..\..\bin.v2\libs\python\build\msvc\debug-python\exec.obj"
"python25.lib"

it should be python25_d.lib

I've been futilely staring at python.jam which appears to try to do
the correct thing, but doesn't quite do it for me.

Another problem I have that it picks the wrong TOOLS, even if I
specify them like above, bjam complaining:

warning: No toolsets are configured.
warning: Configuring default toolset "msvc".

But seems to work anyway, as vc71 comes first on my path...
I don't think this is related to the python25.lib vs python25_d.lib
problem above though.

Any hints?

-Harri

Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message please notify the sender by return and thereafter delete the message, and you may not use, copy, disclose or rely on the information contained in it. Internet e-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Wall Street Systems does not accept liability. Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments have been swept for viruses, Wall Street Systems does not accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Statements in this message or attachments that do not relate to the business of Wall Street Systems are neither given nor endorsed by the company or its Directors.