From: JD (jean.daniel.michaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-11 15:35:04

Stjepan Rajko wrote:

> The first paper draws some common ground between dynamic programming
> alignment algorithms (such as edit distance) and hidden markov models,
> and the second develops a formal model (semantic network model) which
> capitalizes on the relationship.
>
> If I have time, I might spend a part of the summer on re-implementing
> the general SNM framework - doing it in a way that also covers basic
> HMM and DPA functionality might be doable. I'll take a look at your
> implementation.

Wow that's just the algorithm found on wikipedia, re-written in c++ and
boostified for introduction in boost/algorithm/string. Nothing fancy
here, it is definitely basic dynamic programming. My question was more
to know if there is potential "users" interested and if it's the
appropiate place to propose it.

JD