From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-12 17:57:48

on Fri May 11 2007, Jason Stewart <jstewart-AT-pobox.com> wrote:

> Thomas Witt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> 1.34.0 release candidate 3 is now available from:
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/release/.
>>
>> It contains a number of doc changes. Toolset version auto detection
>> with msvc. And a fix for missing files in the install (bjam install).
>>
>> Please give it a try and report any problems to the developer list or
>> directly to me.
> When I build this (using bjam --toolset=msvc install) it installs to
> c:\boost\include\boost-1_35 and the library files have 1_35 as the
> version number. This was done with Borland/CodeGear Turbo C++ and with
> Microsoft VC 8.
>
> Also, I tried to build with msvc-8.0 as the toolset and it told me that
> 8.0 was not a valid version number. I can use msvc as the toolset but
> then there is not a compiler version number in the resulting libraries.
> (i.e. libboost_thread-vc-mt-1_35.lib).
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Am I the only one seeing this issue?

I can't reproduce it. Are you positive that you're not using Boost
from the CVS HEAD? Please be absolutely certain that you're working
with 1.34 RC3. The Jamfile.v2 at the root directory should contain
this line:

  constant BOOST_VERSION : 1.34.0 ;

If it doesn't, you're working with the wrong sources.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting