From: Dan Weber (dweber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-13 14:18:39

Hi there,

Last night I had a great experience for the first time with bjam and
boost-build. Installation was the most difficult part, but after that
writing the Jamroot was done in under 30 minutes for a library I'm
working with that has a really lousy existing build system. I needed
full install support (missing in the library's build) that worked
consistently across operating systems. Overall, it was a great
success and I'll be moving my development projects to boost-build.

The only thing I couldn't figure out how to do was be able to set OS
specific settings without having to rewrite the entire lib
$LIBRARYNAME for that variant. Although, come to think of it, aliases
would have worked well.

Thanks,
Dan