From: Kim Barrett (kab_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-15 13:12:25

At 9:58 AM +0100 5/15/07, John Maddock wrote:
> > * I can test these changes against a couple of versions of gcc. I
>> can't test against anything else. So I'll need help with that.
>
>I can test with a variety of Windows compilers if that helps.

Yes, that helps. The compilers I have reasonably quick access to are
linux-ppc-gcc-3.4, linux-x86-gcc-4.1, and darwin-x86-4.0.1. I'm also
going to have to figure out how to run the regression tests again,
this time under bbv2.

> > * Somebody else should probably review the patches.
>
>Post them to the list, and someone will try and look over them.

They look like they might be big enough that I'll probably end up posting
them to the patch tracker (which is now moved over to Trac?).

> > * I don't have commit privilages, so someone else will need to take
>> care of that step.
>
>Will do.

Thanks!

A progress update:

- I've checked through most of the code merge from RC_1_33_0 to trunk.
There are still a couple of files with non-trivial changes that I'm
wading through. Mostly pretty straightforward accept the change from
the branch, with a couple cases where someone else has already done
the merge, but slightly differently, just to make this project more
interesting.

- I've checked through all of the code merge from RC_1_34_0 to trunk. This
was pretty easy, there were only a couple, and one of them I think is
actually a subset of one of the RC_1_33_0 changes.

- There are large numbers of differences in .html files that I have not yet
examined.

I have day-job stuff to do today, but should be able to finish the code
merging tonight. As noted above, I need to figure out how to run tests
locally. And I need to figure out what's up with the .html files.