From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-18 17:27:21

On 5/18/07, Ulrich Eckhardt <doomster_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Attached is a file. Copy it to the boost/signals folder and include it from
> exactly one translation unit of your program. All it does is make an
> on-demand compiled, statically linked library.
>
> <link_inplace.hpp>

That's an interesting solution. Better than having boost optionally
include code into the headers via #ifdefs (which I've heard
suggested). IMO, at least.

Now, why not just make it a cpp that I build directly (or drop into my
IDE project directly) instead of an hpp that I need to #include into a
(probably) otherwise blank cpp of my own?

like signal_inplace_all.cpp or something like that.

Not sure if that's any better, but it might avoid the concerns about
including link_inplace.hpp twice.

Tony