From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-20 21:47:13

Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> There was a mention earlier of adding a template for boost projects in
> the sandbox - I have just started making such a template after getting
> somewhat acquainted with the boost build process.

And you beat me to it by a few hours :-) (Still posting the BoostCon07
pictures for the last day)

> It basically
> consists of
> * a basic directory/file structure with a simple include-only
> library, test, example, doc built from doxygen and boostbook, as well
> as vc8 and xcode IDE projects which invoke bjam to build.

Hm, not sure I would have included project files.

> * a (currently, windows .bat) script which (given a library id)
> copies the directory/file structure, renames where appropriate, and
> find/replaces the contents using sed.

Nice... But sed isn't exactly a standard tool for Windows. Or are you
using it only in MacOSX?

> When I am (reasonably) done, should I add this to the sandbox (or,
> would someone like to review it before it is added?)? I'm sure that it
> will need a lot of improvement because my knowledge of the build
> system is pretty bleak (I basically got things to a point where it
> somehow works), but it might serve as an OK starting point for an
> expert to flesh things out.

Adding it is likely a good idea, since I could then fill in any missing
pieces. But perhaps picking a name that clearly marks it as in-progress
would be good. Then it can be renamed to a final name when it's ready.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything