From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-22 08:53:48

Martin Wille wrote:

>>> Yes.
>> Isn't it a bit illogical to have 1.34.1 go under RC_1_34_0 (with emphasis on
>> the trailing zero)?
>
> Yes, it is. Nevertheless, there's a tradition to do it that way for
> Boost. I hope this will get fixed by the new procedures, too.

Yeah. I think the branch should be called '1_34', since all minor (bug-fix)
releases are spun off of that. Speaking of numbering, we also discussed removing
the leading '1', since it doesn't appear to bear any meaning. And, since there
is no attempt being made to be backward-compatible (neither API nor ABI), a
simple linear numbering scheme appears just natural...

Regards,
                Stefan