From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 04:36:22

Kim Barrett wrote:
> At 8:51 PM -0700 5/22/07, Thomas Witt wrote:
>> Kim Barrett wrote:

>>> Hopefully ticket #971 will get resolved first.
>>
>> Kim, IIUC the patch is ready to go. Could you please apply it to
>> RC_1_34_0?
>
> Both patches (for RC_1_34_0 and HEAD) are ready to go. John previously
> offered to do the actual application, since I don't have commit
> privileges. I've cc'd him directly to increase the chances of getting
> his attention.

I've applied the patch to the 1.34 branch, applying the patch to cvs HEAD
gives me some errors:

$ patch -p1 -i kab*.patch

<snip...>

patching file libs/iostreams/doc/tree/tree.css
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
libs/iostreams/doc/tree/tree.css.rej

<snip...>

patching file libs/iostreams/test/putback_test.hpp
Hunk #2 FAILED at 11.
libs/iostreams/test/putback_test.hpp.rej

Maybe if you just let me have the "correct" versions of those two files, and
I'll retest HEAD and commit if it's OK?

I've marked ticket 971 as fixed, but there appear to be at least two other
tickets on the same issue: can you look at these and confirm if they've been
fixed or not?

They are: http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/953

and

http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/955

At the same time there are quite a few open tickets from 1.33.1 relating to
the iostreams library, should someone want to try and fix them - but
probably not for 1.34.1 :-)