From: David Deakins (ddeakins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 12:18:46

Jeffrey Faust wrote:

> Thanks for the links. I'll definitely use the ptr container additions.
> Still, I've tried to find a solution for boost::optional some time ago and
> failed. The link that mentions it is for only int64, and not a general
> solution. I'll try to tackle the problem again with autoexp.dat.
> However, I've failed previously, and don't expect better results this time
> around.

Hi Jeff,

We have a handful of VS2005 visualizers for boost types. Here's what we
use for boost::optional. Try plugging this into the [Visualizers]
section of your autoexp.dat and see if it is the kind of thing you are
looking for:

boost::optional<*>{
   preview
   (
     #if( !$c.m_initialized )
     (
       #( "Uninitialized" )
     )
     #else
     (
       #( *($T1*)&$c.m_storage.dummy_.data[0] )
     )
   )
}

I am using VS2005 SP1 in case it makes a difference (I can't remember if
SP1 altered the debug visualizer stuff or not).

-Dave

boost::optional<*>{
  preview
  (
    #if( !$c.m_initialized )
    (
      #( "Uninitialized" )
    )
    #else
    (
      #( *($T1*)&$c.m_storage.dummy_.data[0] )
    )
  )
}