From: Jake Voytko (jakevoytko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-23 22:47:49

On 5/23/07, Maurizio Vitale <maurizio.vitale_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I'd be for this approach. Later you may want to have option
> containers and the options
> set explicitely override the corresponding ones in the container.
> You can further evolve the container into a full-blown cascading
> stylesheet management.
> [this maybe what property tree is for, I haven't looked into it yet]
>
> By choosing this route you can progress incrementally and add
> functionality as you go
> (either as part of the SoC project or later).

The incremental way is what my project is going to thrive on. There
are so many small features that can be added.. Paul's given me a few
dozen easily, and it's probably the tip of the iceberg! I'm going to
be spending a lot of time up front getting the architecture correct
for improvement so that I can spend a good chunk of the project adding
on features that myself and others would like to see.

As for properties, I really haven't given it a whole lot of thought. I
already can see that fine-tuning a graph the way you'd like it to look
takes a lot of effort, and there's no sense doing it over and over,
but I don't have a good way right now. Suggestions?