From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-25 09:59:31

troy d. straszheim wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 09:37:37AM -0400, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
>> troy d. straszheim wrote:
>>
>>> So where should that stuff go? I'm accustomed to having "sandbox"
>>> identify a free-form area. 'sandbox-branches' isn't appropriate
>>> either. I think the current sandbox should actually be a subdirectory
>>> of sandbox called "projects".
>
> A rephrase of the question: where should this stuff that isn't boost
> libraries go? A new directory? What to call it?

I have an 'xml' project that lives in sandbox/xml. I think that is in line
with your suggestion of having sandbox/X be independent projects (for any
value of 'X').

> But the conventions explicitly prohibit independent versioning of
> projects in an organized way.

How so ?

> This page:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostSandbox
>
> Does not account for how one should branch/tag/trunk one's project in
> the sandbox independently of the others.

It simply doesn't talk about versioning / branching at all. This doesn't
imply that the whole sandbox has to be branched as a whole. I'm pretty sure
everybody agrees that versioning should be by project, as far as the sandbox
is concerned.

Regards,
                Stefan