From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-26 19:05:22

I'm looking at some code in boost/detail - in particular Lightweight mutex.

Is there any chance that this as well as other useful modules
can get promoted to boost "first class" status. That is
would include thier own documentation(especially) and tests.

I think several of the modules should have a more
permanent "home". Just from the names it seems
that the following should be considered for promotion
as thier utility goes beyond that of an impementation
detail for any specific library.

lightweight_mutex
interlocked
atomic_count
binary_search
ut8_codecvt_facet

and it seems others should be part of particular libraries
rather than boost/detail/

sp_*
shared_?

Robert Ramey