From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-28 11:09:42

on Mon May 28 2007, "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental-AT-thomson.com> wrote:

> How much javascript are we allowed in docs these days?
>
> It seems that Javascript started to appear here and there. Is there general
> guidelines on what is allowed?

I don't think there are. It would be good if someone were to write
them. My personal take is that Javascript is okay if:

   a. functionality degrades gracefully when JS is off
   b. the particular functionality chosen doesn't annoy me ;-)

I would also like library authors to be mindful of the fact that we're
trying to move to a (more) consistent look & feel for Boost
documentation, so I would prefer if we only used JS that is generally
accepted for future adoption (e.g. Jonathan Turkanis' menu control).

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting