From: Costin Calisov (costin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 03:39:08

Hi Manuel,

> At Boost Vault there a few packages which implement the final concept.
> Indeed, there is boost::noninheritable which uses a technique closer to

I tested the code boost::noninheritable made by Vladislav Lazarenko, it has
exactly the same problem, in VC7.1 and VC8 following code:
class UniquePerson : public boost::noninheritable<UniquePerson>
  {
  public:
    UniquePerson() {}
    ~UniquePerson() {}
  };
int main()
{
        UniquePerson a;
        UniquePerson b(a);//ERROR here
}

So it is not too much of a help.

> Also, I wrote some times ago an experimental library, boost::nonderivable,
> which uses a different approach

I would be interested in your technique, of course, if you like to share it.

I tried to search the Vault for other final, but did not got to lucky. Do
you think there is any which may be interesting to be checked?

Best regards,
Costin Calisov