From: Jeremy Pack (rostovpack_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-30 12:37:28

All:

As I mentioned, I put together a release - it can be considered the
starting point for the SoC project.

The "registry" class has some bugs with library unloading. The API for
it is all in place though. Refer to the registry example to see how to
use it. That class will change a bit underneath to maximize the
library unloading possible - but the API should stay the same.

Refer to the HelloWorld sample for the simplest use of the Extension library.

Refer to the MultipleInheritance sample for a complicated use of the library.
Note: multiple inheritance across shared library boundaries is messy,
and I only made an example of it to show that the library can handle
complicated inheritance hierarchies involving dynamic and static
linking.
Note 2: On Unix systems, you may have to change your LD_LIBRARY_PATH
for the multiple inheritance example.

The recommended way to use the library (for now) is to download the
sandbox SVN repository at svn.boost.org. Then you can sync it later to
pick up new changes.

You may also download just the Extension library at:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/libs/extension/Release%205-29-07.zip

Send any bug reports, feature requests, or lists of failed tests
(along with compiler info) to me or Mariano, and/or to this list.

Tested compilers with the very latest build:

GCC 4.0 on OS X
MSVC 2005 on Windows

Thanks!

Jeremy