From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard (jbms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-31 11:22:04

Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [snip: proposal]

These seem to be good ideas. I agree that C++ is in need of a new I/O
system built on proper abstractions. It may make sense for one to be
implemented as part of Boost. As a side note, in doing so it is
important to be extremely cautious with the use of template
meta-programming, as horrendous compile-times are a real barrier to the
use of certain libraries. I do not suggest that all template use be
avoided, of course, but merely that it be far more limited than other
Boost libraries.

--
Jeremy Maitin-Shepard