From: Steven Solie (ssolie_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-01 18:41:27

I've been working on a port of Boost 1.34.0 to AmigaOS 4.0 with
the currently available SDK and I have several patches I'd like to
try and submit.

Here is a quick rundown of what I have available:

1. Changes for Boost.Jam 03.1.14
- Amiga was supported long ago but the previous changes are
out of date so I fixed them up
- the AmigaOS port uses build.sh to build the executable

2. Changes for Boost.Build to support the AmigaOS SDK toolset
- added amiga.jam similar to what was done in darwin.jam
- Amiga also uses a modified GCC toolset with special requirements

3. Changes for Boost.Config
- Amiga is already supported now but updates are required

4. Changes for various libs
- AmigaOS currently does not support shared libs, threads or python which
required changes to several Jamfile.v2 build files
- small changes to filesystem, iostreams and program_options sources

5. New Makefile.AmigaOS to drive the Boost build, tools and tests

Would Boost be interested in incorporating my changes for the AmigaOS
platform and who should I talk to about submitting patches?

Thanks,
--Steven Solie