From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-03 09:11:21

On 2007-06-03, Pavol Droba <droba_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> As far as I know, the stable branch is there exactly for this purpose.

Ah, perhaps that's where I'm getting confused - I was viewing "trunk" as
"stable", and development being on other branches. I remember there
being some discussion recently about what things are likely to look like
after the move to SVN in terms of development etc, but is the
latest-and-greatest view of the development process visible anywhere?

(I checked the unofficial wiki, but that's currently vandalised.)

> Trunk will be open to wild development, but only after the changeset is
> finished, it will be merged to the stable branch.

As long as the "wild development" is in easily cherry-pickable chunks
then this is workable, but with something like a core library API change
I can't see how multiple streams of development in one branch ("trunk")
can work (easily, anyway).

> The stable branch should always be in "ship-ready" state.

No disagreement there.

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email