From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-03 12:59:59

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> There is a fresh draft of a Boost Development Environment proposal up
>> at http://mysite.verizon.net/beman/development_environment.html
>
> This is a very well thought-out piece. I see one minor problem with
> it: it depends on additional work from the developers, namely,
> explicit merge requests. I'm afraid that the principle of least
> resistance will result in work happening on -devel and -stable
> stagnating due to lack of merge requests.

Hmmm - I don't see that happening at all. Developer's want to
get their stuff to users. In fact, I expect some anxious developers
will want to see their stuff merged into the stable tree before its
tested because "its a trivial change".

What I like about this proposal is that makes developers work
easier instead of adding to it as other proposals do.

Robert Ramey