From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 13:04:35

Jake Voytko wrote:
> It looks to me like the "trainee review managers" idea is similar to
> the current practice, as per the following page:
> http://boost.org/more/formal_review_process.htm#Review_Manager
>
> It looks like the bar for being a review manager is fairly low so long
> as you are knowledgeable in the field. All of the steps in the duties
> of the review manager seem simple and straightforward (just time
> consuming!). The "Review Wizards" appear like they are in place to
> help out the managers with questions about process, etc.

I think the operative term here is "active boost member". What is an
active Boost member? Is it someone who has submitted and is maintaining
a Boost library? Is it someone who actively helps out in diagnosing
problems, enhancing libraries and so on? Or is it someone who simply
participates in one or more of the mailing lists and has collected
experience that way?

For example, I've been on this list for a year and a half. I have
participated in reviews, have helped people out with their problems. I
have not fixed any bugs or contributed enhancements. Do I qualify as an
"active boost member"?

I have a small enhancement for the utility or iterator library
half-done, though. (Documentation and test cases are missing.) If I
complete this, submit it to the library owner and it gets integrated,
does that make me an active boost member?

Is there any place where the term is clarified?

Sebastian Redl