From: Jody Hagins (jody-boost-011304_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-05 13:16:43

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 19:04:35 +0200
Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think the operative term here is "active boost member". What is an
> active Boost member? Is it someone who has submitted and is
> maintaining

That's a good point.

I've volunteered three times. I even volunteered to be a co-manager so
I could learn the "behind the scenes" requirements. I never received a
reason why I was not picked. I figured it was because I am not
considered an "active boost member." Or maybe I have offended too many
people in the past... or I have demonstrated too much ignorance on one
or more topics... or, gasp, could it be, someone else was more
qualified ;-)

In any event, after the third silent rejection, with no explanation, I
"got the message," and stopped volunteering.

The review manager does have a fair amount of authority, especially in
reviews which are not clear cut one way or another. So, it can't just
be given to anyone who asks... though maybe there should be some
explanation given to those who are not picked, and maybe some kind of
"training roadmap" provided for those interested.