From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 08:32:56

on Mon Jun 04 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

>>> * The inspection reports 193 non-license problems, and *1059* license
>>> problems.
>>
>> This is not a showstopper IMO. 1.34.0 in the same state isn't it?
>
> I didn't say anything about "show stopper". I said it doesn't make it
> "stable" according to Beman's definition in which he states that
> clearing the inspection results is part of making it stable.

IMO that is an important criterion but using the term "stable" to
describe it is wrong. Stability implies to me that the API and
implementation are somehow relatively unchanging, not that the release
is "good."

Is there precedent for the use of "stable" in this way?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting