From: Henrik Sundberg (storangen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 13:48:35

2007/6/6, Domenico Andreoli <cavokz_at_[hidden]>:
<snip/>
> moreover, it is not clear (to me) how it behaves under windows,
> expecially with all those SHA1 digests and the crlf differences between
> unix/windows worlds..

Linus said that it relied heavily on posix file systems in a way that
wasn't easily ported. There would at least be efficiency degradation
(if it matters).

He also spoke of 22000 files during each merge. It seemed like he
handled the complete kernel as one unit.

As with KDE I didn't get the handling of sublibraries. Are they not
released (tagged) independently of the whole?

I've always thought that system releases should be built on smaller
releases. Is that not the case anymore?

I could have been misunderstanding something.

/$