From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 13:46:44

Mariano Gabriel Consoni said: (by the date of Wed, 06 Jun 2007 14:07:36 -0300)

> As some of you may know, I'm working on a SoC project called
> "Boost.extensions and reflection".

great to hear from you! :-)

I still didn't download your library to test it locally. I'll do it
not later than next week, I'm sure of that.

Some questions I have:

1. do you plan to use (not yet accepted) Boost.UUID to uniquely
   identify classes for the class factory?

2. how else do you identify them if not with UUID ?

3. I remember that Boost.Serialization is also using its own
   home-brewn GUID called extended_type_info. It would be really nice
   if both libraries (serizalization and extension) used the incoming
   UUID library, instead of some home-brewn solutions. Any comments on that?

4. Do you plan some integration with serialization library?
   (serialization after all, needs to create classes during the
   deserialziation process, it's a crucial part of this process, in
   fact).

5. does your library work without bjam? (I remember that Jeremy Pack
   configured Jamfile to use *.extension). I'm particularly concerned
   with that, because I don't want to change the build system in my
   project ;)

6. do you have a simple example, with a different build system?
   I'd prefer make (ie. makefile), as it is simplest to adapt to any
   other build system that I know.

7. can you explain shortly what Reflection is? Or some URL with
   explanation, please.

8. You need to record information about classes stored in plugins.
   Does this information include also the inheritance hierary?
   I mean - do you know on runtime which class derives from which one?

> I'll send a mail like this periodically (probably once a week or two)
> to let you know the advances.

It would make things easier for me (and others!), if in each
periodical post from you, you will give an URL (or svn command with svn:// addres)
to download your library, and maybe an URL to documentation (at its
current stage, of course - I absolutely don't expect to see finished
documentation on start!).