From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 23:31:38

Beman Dawes wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> * Bugs attributed 1.34.0 <http://tinyurl.com/2cn7g6>, and only a small
>> number of them are targeted for 1.34.1.
>>
>> * The inspection reports 193 non-license problems, and *1059* license
>> problems.
>>
>> * We don't test the build and install process.
>>
>> * We don't test libraries against an installed release.
>>
>> * We don't test release versions, even though this is the most used
>> variant by users.
>>
>> * We don't test, to any effective means, 64 bit architectures.
>>
>> * We don't test, to any effective means, multi-cpu architectures.
>
> Stable doesn't mean perfect.

If that's the case you need to make that clear in your descriptions.
Because it seems to say the opposite. But I wasn't talking about
perfection either. Most of the list above isn't a "we need to fix
something", but a "we have no clue what needs fixing". This is because
we just don't know what the bugs really are. Since we don't test most of
what people use Boost for. Hence I personally can't call the Boost
release "stable" under most definitions, except perhaps to mean
"unchanging".

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything