From: David Bergman (David.Bergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 18:08:20

My MacPorts describes GIT as "the stupid content tracker"...

Has anybody used GIT - outside of Linux kernel development? Should we
not focus our energy elsewhere; something more pragmatic, such as
porting Boost to D? ;-)

I was pretty impressed - as well - by GIT when testing it out, and
even more so by testing 'darcs' out. But, one seems to always need a
central repository anyways, which kind of contradicts - and perhaps
even counteracts - the distributed nature of these systems. As David
Abrahams points out, these distributed attempts often has a -
officially or not - central node, which mirrors the quasi-shared
development of those projects...

/David