From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 18:04:31

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> "Edward Diener" <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Following David A. recommendation I put up a wiki page that presents
>>> initial
>>> version of my proposal for boost development environment, testing and
>>> release procedures.
>>>
>>> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/IndependentLibraryVersioning
>>>
>>> It's still missing one key piece - version selection algorithm. I just
>>> don't
>>> have time to complete it now and won't until weekend. But it should be
>>> complete enough to explain all the key points (and some more). I
>>> shamelessly
>>> stole couple statements from Beman's objective section. Well, we do have
>>> similar objectives ;)
>>>
>>> Any comments are welcome.
>> I like the idea of allowing individual libraries and their dependencies
>> being released between full Boost versions when deemed necessary.
>
> I believe you misunderstood. Individual library packaging is not in scope of
> this proposal. I may be considered in a future. In a short term users can
> pull released individual library manually from svn. In both cases they will
> do it on their own risk. The only reliable way to use boost to stick with
> boost umbrella releases.

I sure did misunderstand your proposal, then. Your document, with a
title of Independent Library Versioning, and a subject matter generally
discussing the same, would fool most anyone into believing that you were
talking about releasing individual Boost libraries separate from a Boost
general release.