From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-10 16:33:03

Rene Rivera wrote:

>> Is this a drawback in all proposals so far?
>
> I don't think Beman's proposal relies on any particular svn features.

The essence of Beman's proposal is:

a) maintain a releasable (stable) version.
b) do developement on branches - one branch per development project.
c) Test against the releasable version.
d) Once a development project has been successfully tested against the the
releasable version
    i) merge the development project into the releaseable version.
    ii) retest the whole releaseable version
    iii) automatically regenerate a deliverable package

This is totally orthogonal to proposals to making independent
library versions, changing the source control system, etc.

We should try to change one thing at a time. I would suggest
do the following in sequence and embarking on one thing only
after the previous one has been digested.

a) move to SVN - which seems already underway.
b) implement to Beman's test/release proposal
c) consider changes required to support independent library
versioning.

Robert Ramey