From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-13 18:20:32

> I would like to give my testimonial on this point...
>
> A few days ago I subscribed to this mailing list because I wanted to
> share with the boost community the results of my experiments with the
> random_on_sphere distribution. I uploaded a ready to read pdf file
> with the method, the results and a proposal to modify the current
> implementation (that is 20 times slower than it could be)...
>
> I expected a quick decision since I took the pain to make everything
> clear
> in the document. I did not understood anything to what happens here.
> I got some feedback from users of the mailing list and that's it!
> Nobody took the formal review in charge.

I'm sure many people on this list have a lot on their plate. I'm working 14
hour days for the past several weeks trying to push towards a milestone. In
my spare time I like to get some r&r and I keep an eye on several
interesting projects one of which is Boost. I saw your posts and followed
the discussion but I haven't had time to evalute the work thoroughly enough
to do it justice. And this is something that could potentially give us a
noticeable speed improvement in the application I'm currently working on.

At present I have some fixed-point code, proto, fusion, futures, join, and
several other interesting things on my list of stuff to look at in addition
to your contribution (and that's just in the scope of Boost).

There are only so many hours in a day.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin