From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-15 17:20:51

John Maddock wrote:

> Yep, I've tracked it down to the meta-programming rather than the
> preprocessing though.

It is a different problem then.

> No it's EDG version 3.06. Strange. When I get a chance I'll try
> the latest
> Intel-10 compiler (EDG 3.08) and see how that copes.

The problem may have nothing to do with EDG frontend and may
have everything to do with Intel's code generator. With icc 9.0
on Linux/ia64, it takes 13 secs. to compile. Long, but "at least
it gets there in the end :-)"

On HP-UX/ia64, both aCC A.06.15 and gcc 3.4.3 compile this
testcase in 5 secs.

Thanks,
  Boris