From: Jake Voytko (jakevoytko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-17 22:23:05

All,

After a lengthy discussion on the pros/cons of the operator<<() overloading,
this has become a sore spot for a lot of people. My vision for this library
is, above all, for people to use it and enjoy using it.

That being said, I converted the library to using .set___() methods that
allow chaining, which I feel is a good compromise. Some contributors were
against even this, but you can't please all the people all the time.

If you want to see how the new syntax looks, there is an example on the
project wiki:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/soc/2007/VisualizationOfContainers

Or if you want to see how the output of the project progressed in a week
(major architectural changes nonwithstanding), please see this page (now
with IE7 w/ plugin support):
http://www.tcnj.edu/~voytko2/svg.htm

I'd like to thank everybody who took the time to make
suggestions/contributions. I'd rather issues come up now than during a
review :)
Jake