From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-17 22:15:14

On Jun 17, 2007, at 3:36 PM, João Abecasis wrote:

> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>> João Abecasis wrote:
>>> * Ticket Type: we could use one or two more ticket types: (Library)
>>> Review Requests and a Review Manager Application. Perhaps a single
>>> generic "Review Request" would work just as well, to begin with.
>>>
>> Let's just have one ticket type. I suggest calling it "Library
>> Submission", because that seems to cover the whole process.
>
> Sure. "Library submission" looks good to me. Better than my "Review
> Request".
> I'm happy with "Library Submission", not entirely with "Boost
> Process".
> Anyway, while we're assuming a single component for the new ticket
> type,
> we may as well use None. Unless, of course, we want to merge different
> types of tickets in a single report... Let me think some more of this.

I've added the "Library Submission" ticket type to the Trac.

> I'll start by formalizing the process on the wiki integrating the
> ideas
> discussed here and we'll go from there.

Great!

> I'm a bit uneasy about retroactively creating tickets for older
> requests/accepted libraries. It looks a bit like rewriting history...
> Anyway, I'll start integrating the Submission Process and Review
> Schedule in the Wiki and we'll see how that works. I may need to get
> some tickets in for testing, so perhaps there's no running from it...

So long as the end result in Trac matches what was documented on the
review schedule, it's a Good Thing to have all of that information in
one place, where it can be easily queried.

> Agreed. Once I start the pages I'll be sure to explicitly mention that
> this is not yet the approved submission process, but still a work in
> progress.

Sure: just some blanket statement at the top should do fine. I'm a
big fan of having prototypes that we can just drop in and run with...
it makes it much easier to move forward, fast.

        - Doug