From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 12:52:37

On 6/20/07, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Has there been any thought to adding to the Boostbook the facility for
> automatically generating a navigation window similar to what the
> serialization documentation uses. I believe this could be generated
> automatically by Boostbook. We already have javascript which
> has been vetted on all used browsers to implement this. The
> serialization library really depends upon this for navigating around
> the documentation.

Hi Rovert,

I have give it more than one thought to it. Iostream navigation style
use frames. Frames are not part of XHTML because they cause lot of
troubles.
We have implemented a new navigation approach based on GropedLinks ()
select boxes. Look at the top-right corner of the page:
http://tinyurl.com/22sja5

GroupedLinks is documented here:
http://tinyurl.com/332tsh

IMHO this select boxes offers a great deal of functionality and do not
get in your way.

We are working in an automated algorithm to make the GroupedLinks
definition files.
Do you think your docs will work fine with GroupedLinks instead of frames?

Best regards
Matias