From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 15:12:24

On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 10:38 -0700, Robert Ramey wrote:
> I really like the expand/contract feature that the javascriptcontrol
> provides- though if I had to I
> could probably live without it. I would think that it would be an optional
> "add-on" that not everyone else has to use.

One of the great things about what Matias et al are doing is that it
will give all of Boost's library documentation a consistent look and
feel. That's really important for making Boost feel like a coherent
collection of libraries and helping users navigate the documentation of
new libraries.

I'm not for or against the navigation control, but I would be very much
against having it available in some libraries but not others. The whole
point of BoostBook was to do what they're doing now... get all Boost
docs into one format with a nice, consistent L&F, then add searching,
indexing, etc. to make it more coherent.

  - Doug