From: Matt Doyle (mdoyle_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-20 15:47:59

Hi Matias,

> [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Matias Capeletto
> On 6/20/07, Matt Doyle <mdoyle_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of
> Matias Capeletto
> > > Subject: [boost] Improving Boost Docs Project, WikiPage
<snip>

> > Is there any reason for the navigation arrows to be
> dropping cookies? I
> > blocked the cookies and the navigation seemed to work
> correctly so if
> > the cookies aren't necessary it would be nice to remove
> that annoyance.
>
> A very tiny cookie is used to save your preferred syntax highlighting,
> it has nothing to do with the GroupedLinks select boxes. I think that
> browsers will directly support this in the future.

It's not the size of the cookie but that it exists at all. Whenever a
website tries to drop a cookie it causes a security dialog to pop-up.
Some companies (such as AMC :) have overly paranoid IT managers and they
apply policies that either block or warn on such things. It's not a
problem, just annoying. :/

> Move the mouse to the upper-right corner of a code block and you will
> see what I am talking about :)

I imagine I was supposed to see some nice options or something but on
that page I'm not seeing any mouse-over activity besides clearing the
link destination from the navigation bar. Oops, I take that back, the
left and right call-out work fine with the mouse over, there's just
nothing in any of the corners of the code blocks.

Regards,
        Matt