From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-24 22:18:40

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> Then why use the word "standard"? And why try and squelch attempts to
>> build such a community?
>
> Because, as others have phrased it, this is not (or at least, shouldn't be)
> boost.org's business.

But no one has said Quickbook is Boost's business. It is specifically
Joel, Eric, mine, and anyone else who wants to contribute or participate
by the use of Quickbook.

> Nothing speaks against trying to develop new languages, infrastructure bits,
> etc. However, with all due appreciation for perfectionism, it is a very
> common mistake to ignore or underestimate the importance of well established
> know-how. It's really a sad story.

Indeed. But then again people assume that because it's not "old" or
"established" that it's not taking advantage of established know-how. Or
that it's not based on previous success of other documentation
facilities. We all stand on shoulders of giants, and I refuse to be
trampled on the ground by apathy.

And in case people don't know, probably because they haven't read the
Quickbook docs, Quickbook is based on the populous Wiki formats (which
also happens to borrow from a long tradition of email formatting).

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything