From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-26 11:51:37

Anders Li ha escrito:

> in boost getting started guide, there is an example :
>
> #include <boost/lambda/lambda.hpp>
> #include <iostream>
> #include <iterator>
> #include <algorithm>

[...]

> but with VC++6.0(without precompile header), this error occurs:
>
> c:\program files\boost\boost_1_34_0\boost\lambda\detail\lambda_fwd.hpp(26)
> : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1786)
> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
>
> how to solve this problem ?

Hello Anders, I'm afraid Boost.Lambda, as well as many other Boost libs
does not work on such an old compiler as VC++ 6.0. If you can afford
upgrading to VS2005 just do so.

The page at

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_34_0/user/summary_release.html

gives you a bird's-eye view of the degree of compatibility of Boost libs with
different compilers.

HTH,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo