From: Richard Day (richardvday_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-26 23:59:48

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> Anders Li ha escrito:
>

>> in boost getting started guide, there is an example :
>>
>> #include <boost/lambda/lambda.hpp>
>> #include <iostream>
>> #include <iterator>
>> #include <algorithm>
>>

> [...]
>

>> but with VC++6.0(without precompile header), this error occurs:
>>
>> c:\program files\boost\boost_1_34_0\boost\lambda\detail\lambda_fwd.hpp(26)
>> : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
>> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1786)
>> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
>> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
>>
>> how to solve this problem ?
>>

> Hello Anders, I'm afraid Boost.Lambda, as well as many other Boost libs
> does not work on such an old compiler as VC++ 6.0. If you can afford
> upgrading to VS2005 just do so.
>
> The page at
>
> http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/1_34_0/user/summary_release.html
>
> gives you a bird's-eye view of the degree of compatibility of Boost libs with
> different compilers.
>
> HTH,
>
> Joaquín M López Muñoz
> Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo
As he says VC6 is deprecated and not just in boost.
You could get the express version of visual C++ here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/ for free.
No MFC support however and I am not sure what the other differences
are(If any) as I do not use it myself.
I purchased pro as legacy MFC support was important to me.
HTH