From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-29 14:47:13

Eric Niebler wrote:

> My impressions of the first annual Boost Conference are now online at
> The C++ Source for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!
>
> http://www.artima.com/cppsource/boost_con_07.html

"Boost may in the near future join the Software Freedom Conservancy,
an umbrella organization of Free and Open Source Software projects. The
Conservancy gives free financial and administrative services to its
members..."

One just wonders how "free financial and administrative services" can
transform to: (visit guidestar.org)

"FORM 990, PART II, LINE 25 - OFFICER COMPENSATION SCHEDULE
                                         PROGRAM MANAGMENT
 OFFICER NAME AND TYPE OF COMPENSATION SERVICES AND GENERAL

 EBEN MOGLEN
    COMPENSATION: 116,875. 38,959."

      -- SOFTWARE FREEDOM LAW CENTER, INC. (visit guidestar.org)

(Eben's SFLC compensated underlings aside for a moment) and whether
you (boost moderators & Co. so to speak) would be able to spend more
for "future events such as BoostCon, and also to pay for much needed
infrastructure" without Eben's SFLC involvement.

What's the problem to take donations without SFLC?

regards,
alexander.