From: Ulrich Eckhardt (doomster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-08 08:21:06

On Saturday 07 July 2007 19:10:26 Peter Dimov wrote:
> #398, "Support for embedded VC++ 4.0",
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/398
>
> complains that shared_ptr doesn't compile under eVC++ 4.0 because
> "'type_info' is not a member of 'std'".
>
> Can someone who uses or has access to eVC++ 4.0 look at it?

The obvious workaround for this is simply

  namespace std { using ::type_info; }

Alternatively, and I really suggest that, you could use STLport (the 5.x
series work pretty well under CE) and get a) a mostly complete C++ stdlibrary
and b) several of such workarounds already applied.

> Is the ticket still relevant? Can shared_ptr.hpp be made to compile on this
> platform?

I'm not sure if it is still relevant, but I guess so. Other than that,
shared_ptr works for me on MS Windows CE.

Concerning the ticket, I couldn't comment it there. Any time I tried 'preview'
the new page just said

| Bad Request
| Missing or invalid form token. Do you have cookies enabled?

I did not log in in any way but only provided my email address.

Uli