From: Ulrich Eckhardt (doomster_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-08 16:40:31

On Sunday 08 July 2007 18:23:21 Peter Dimov wrote:
> Ulrich Eckhardt wrote:
> > The obvious workaround for this is simply
> >
> > namespace std { using ::type_info; }
>
> Probably, but have you tried it and does it work?

No, haven't tried it, I only know the workaround because I'm partially
maintaining the STLport port for CE.

> It would need to be guarded somehow, I guess?

Yes. defined(UNDER_CE) as boolean to detect a build for MS Windows CE. AFAIK,
all CE versions are affected.

> > Alternatively, and I really suggest that, you could use STLport (the
> > 5.x series work pretty well under CE) and get a) a mostly complete
> > C++ stdlibrary and b) several of such workarounds already applied.
>
> I don't need to use anything, just to resolve the ticket one way or the
> other, and it specifically refers to eVC++ 4.0 in its default
> configuration. There's no ticket for STLport since it works. :-)

I just wanted to hint people at this, because IMHO the vendor-supplied stdlib
is so crippled that it isn't even worth programming for CE without some
replacement, be it STLport or Dinkumware, which AFAIK also supports CE.

cheers

Uli