From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-11 14:14:50

Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> I would appreciate if anybody interested into a future boost.xml
> submission would have a look, provide feedback, or even get
> involved into the (ongoing) development.

I have to admit I am a bit confused by the interface.

For example, the first thing I see is that all nodes are actually
pointers. Of course, they don't really appear as pointers, but they are.
If I copy a node object, both copies still reference the same node.
While it is natural for the node_ptr type, it is not really for the node
one. (to be honest, I don't really understand their relationship after a
few minutes looking at the code)

Plus, we're stuck with a pseudo-upcasting thingy (which cannot return
NULL/valid pointer and necessarily throws) instead of a nicer visitation
mechanism.

There doesn't seem to be an iteration/cursor mechanism that can iterate
through the whole tree either, like boost.tree has.