From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-15 18:27:50

Robert Ramey wrote:

> BTW - The same goes for quickbooks. It looks very nice. But I'm a little
> bit concerned that its being developped at the same time time its being used
> to produce boost documentation. I'm concerned that if I make a commitment
> to it, I'll be left standing on an iceberg. Seems solid but is really
> constantly shifting requiring constant attention.

As has been said over and over again, there is nothing to fear.
You can never be left standing on an iceberg because you can always
escape from it whenever you want to by simply working directly on
the generated BoostBook. And, you should only be concerned about
the shifting if it affects you; it won't. One strict policy is to
maintain 100% backward compatibility from version to version. We
may chose to revamp the whole application, but your qbk files will
always remain usable.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman