From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-14 19:32:19

That's they way I do it now.

I do use bjam from running the whole test suite overnight.

But for making library tweaks and running particular tests and building the
serialization library for experiments etc, I do every thing from Visual
Studio.

If its too hard to just import the sources into your project then there is a
problem. If there is a lot of "hidden" information in bjam and/or bjam
files that is needed to do this then that could be a problem.

I should not that it WAS a pain getting all the IDE settings just right -
but like my recent toothache - its all better now.

I would feel better about bjam if it more like the rest of boost as far as
being subjected to the normal boost gauntlet. That is I would like to see
look like a libray, with self-contained complete documentaion, tutorial,
samples, tests, formal review, etc., etc. I would like to see it promoted
on its own rather than just a "boost tool". I think this would result in a
higher level of usability and stability. Of course this would be a large
effort that perhaps is too much to undertake.

BTW - The same goes for quickbooks. It looks very nice. But I'm a little
bit concerned that its being developped at the same time time its being used
to produce boost documentation. I'm concerned that if I make a commitment
to it, I'll be left standing on an iceberg. Seems solid but is really
constantly shifting requiring constant attention.

Just one man's 2 cents.

Robert Ramey