From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-15 23:48:26

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Sat Jul 14 2007, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I build the Boost libraries I use as part of my own builds. It so
>> happens that I use Boost.Build for my own builds, but I still don't
>> use the Jamfiles in the Boost sources.
>
> I can't fathom why anyone would do that. At least for some libraries,
> there is important knowledge encapsulated in those files. Why
> do the work all over again yourself?

Simple reason... Since I started using BBv2 before a Boost release using
it appeared I had to create BBv2 files for the 1.33.1 release. Also I
happen to need a combination of both release and HEAD libraries, so
mixing them is not possible without some special care.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything