From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 07:42:22

On 7/17/07, Kai Brüning <kai_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> (Positing this here because boost-docs_at_[hidden] currently rejects my mails although subscribing did work.)

Something strange is happening in that list.
Can someone take a look? Can we start thinking moving the boost-docs
list outside sourceforge?

> Hi,

Hello :)

> after volunteering help on boost.dev, Glyn Matthews and
> Matias Capeletto suggested that I take a look at IBD.
>
> I think the Trac Syntax Coloring project should be rather fast
> and simple for starters, so I like to give it a try.

Great!

> Looking around, I found that Trac is going to switch to Pygments.
> (snip)

I agree with the use of Pygments.

> Joel and Eric, your QuickBook doc
> (http://www.boost.org/doc/html/quickbook.html) seems to be incomplete.
> At least I am missing keywords like super, alpha or template.

You are reading Quickbook 1.3 docs.

> Is there a complete syntax guide somewhere or should I look at the
> source as definitive references?

Here it is a Quickbook 1.4 docs online version:
http://tinyurl.com/2r6nae

Before you start hacking at it, please read:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostKateSupport

The idea is to make both syntax coloring similar.

Download boost::hs, and look for the file:
http://tinyurl.com/33nb7b

It is an already working syntax higlighting for Kate:
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase/kate/highlight.html

I think it may help you in your project.

This is other thing you may want to check:
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/QuickbookSourceStylesheetProject

The colors are already similar to the quickbook kate support definition.

Thanks for jumping in!
We really need this kind of energy at IBD :)
Please, be free to ask for anything you need.

King regards
Matias