From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-17 18:22:55

--- Michael Fawcett wrote:
> On 7/17/07, Felipe Magno de Almeida wrote:
> > Hi,

Hello, all.

> > There were some little interest for this in
> > another thread here in boost. So, who has any
> > experience in game programming, it would be
> > interesting to layout some requirements for a
> > new engine and complaints from other engines.
> > See if we can find out how a game engine should
> > really be.
>
> I have some experience with PC and
> Playstation 2 games, teaching at Full Sail
> (http://www.fullsail.com) and working in
> industry.

Ah, a fellow Full-Sailor!

I'm currently *gaining* some experience here, enough
to agree with you on the issues concerning other
engines. On the bright side, I can say for a fact
that more game developers are recognizing the need to
write and maintain robust engine code, judging from
the growing number of guest speakers singing the
praises for the Boost software libraries.

I'll help out when I can, but the same circumstances
that endow me with much-needed wisdom also leave me
with little free time to use it.

> P.S. - Where does the math part fit in? Another
> separate math library? Needs to be heavily
> optimized for speed, vectors and matrices need
> to be guaranteed contiguous in memory, need
> support for row major vs column major...

Yeah, it's sad to see everybody making their own math
libraries just because the ones "out there" don't take
advantage of [M/S]IMD instructions provided by their
favorite architecture, etc.

                              Cromwell D. Enage

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.