From: Paul Baxter (pauljbaxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-19 03:55:50

> I have just uploaded a new release of the Join libray into boost vault
> under
> Concurrent Programming.
>
> For people who are not familiar with "Join", a short description is as
> following:
> Join is an asynchronous, message based C++ concurrency library. It is
> applicable both to multi-threaded applications and to the orchestration of
> asynchronous, event-based applications.

I'm very interested in this library and really appreciate how far you've
taken it.

A couple of questions

1) Do you think the library is ready for review for incorporation in boost
yet (solid interfaces, reasonable implementation across several key
platforms), or are you simply requesting many more people try it and support
development more actively?

2) In your conversations and literature studies have you found any
intellectual property claims that might limit access to 'join' methodology
(Microsoft patents ?).