From: iain.denniston_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-07-20 09:26:20

>> Heh - sadly when doing Xbox developement a good compiler is something you
>> can only dream of...
>
> Well, isn't it a x86 architecture?

Yes - but you're not allowed to use a different compiler (VC or the
highway). Least we weren't - there was a nice vectorising compiler we wanted
to give a go, but were told no (and MS told them they couldn't actually
market it as an Xbox compiler if memory serves). Plus I imagine you might
have a bit of a headache trying to get the supplied/required libs to work.
Anyways they were pretty strict about what they let loose on the platform.

Although I should note that we were published by MS, which might make a
difference - also it was a few years ago now, maybe they've changed...

Iain